We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Want to start a money-making blog or start a profitable blog in 2021 and confused due to the many steps involved in different websites.
Don’t worry. I’m here to help you out to create a blog from scratch that will make money.
I am going to teach you the step-by-step process of creating a successful blog from scratch.
Yes. I know it will be scarier to take the first step as a baby’s first step to start a walk.
Don’t panic. Just relax and have a cup of coffee. Then read this long post which will cover all the steps in one place.
Yes. All the steps for how to start a money-making blog from scratch in 2021.
OK. Let’s start.
How to Start a Profitable Blog in 2021
For creating a successful money-making blog, You need to follow the below simple steps.
Choosing your niche is one of the complicated things in your blogging journey if you have more than 2 passion.
Everyone will say that follow your passion.
YES. This is 100% true. You must follow your PASSION.
Because you will love what you are doing.
If you are a food lover, you know the different tastes of food and you can review it in your way.
If you are a football lover, you know 50% of the football sports and you can write your content.
If you are not choosing your passion, it will be difficult to run your blog.
It will take a lot of time to research, explore, experience about the niche and write about that.
Soon you will get bored, you will not have the same spirit as the beginning of the blog.
So choose your niche where you can talk about more and more and enjoy yourself while talking about those topics.
Based on this choose your niche.
Choosing a Domain name or blog name is the most important and trickiest part of the Blog Creation.
Because this is going to be your identity.
A domain name is the address of your blog.
Blog Name and Tag line will be your blog identity or Brand.
For example my domain name is TheBloggingBoss.com.
My Blog name is The Blogging Boss and Tag Line will be ‘Make it Simple‘.
Choose the Blog Name which is easy to spell, easy to remember and easy to say.
Also, choose some meaningful name to reach the Target audience.
Don’t Overthink on this Domain Name and MAKE IT SIMPLE.
If you are still confused, take a pen and paper and list down all names that are running in your mind.
Be Creative as well as Be simple.
Brainstorm the names and come up with your Blog Name.
Create at least 2-3 Blog name with Tag line.
Based on this create your domain name.
Don’t use the hyphens in the domain name.
I will prefer to choose the.com domain than others.
Also, check availability of the 2-3 domain name in the below and choose the best one.
Finally, You have come up with the creative, Pretty Domain Name.
Choosing the Blogging Platform
Choosing the blogging platform is very easy if you are serious about blogging business. So many Free and Paid blogging platforms are there.
But I will recommend getting a Self-hosted WordPress.
Why do I need to go for the self-hosted blog?
WordPress is the software where you can download and host it in any server. It may be your server or choose hosting provider to host the WordPress for you.
I know Most of the people will think about, why I need to go for self-hosted rather than free one.
Very simple. Self Hosted WordPress allows you to do a lot of customization and owns the controls over a blog rather than free one.
You can buy a domain and choose the wordpress.com or Wix.com for the website. But You can’t monetize using ad networks.
You have to go for an Upgraded plan to monetize your blog through ad networks.
When comparing to the Business plan of wordpress.com, Self-hosted WordPress is very cheap.
You can get the self-hosted WordPress under $2.95/month from Bluehost hosting company which is very cheaper.
So I will strongly recommend going for Self Hosted WordPress than a free one.
For that, You need to buy a hosting plan from the hosting provider to host WordPress for you.
Choosing the Hosting provider
There are plenty of hosting providers are available. But you have to choose the one to host your WordPress.
I will recommend going to Bluehost which is beginner-friendly and in the budget.
Hey ! Black Friday Sale is on Live !!!! Bluehost offers 60% off on their hosting plan. Grab it Now to save more.
Why do I need to choose the Bluehost?
This question may be running on your head. Well, I have an answer for that.
- WordPress Recommends the Bluehost hosting provider
- You will get a free domain for one year.
- WordPress installation is easy.
- Offering 24/7 Customer support.
- So many other benefits.
These are my recommendations to start with self-hosted WordPress through Bluehost.
Installing WordPress through Blue host
Now you have the domain name, hosting provider(Bluehost) and You are going to start a Blog.
Get a Hosting Plan from Blue host
Getting a hosting plan and setting up Bluehost is very simple.
You just go their homepage, click get started button.
You will see the available plans and choose the one which opts for you.
As a beginner blogger, I will suggest going to a BASIC PLAN.
Choose the Plan, you will redirect to the domain registration page.
You can create a new domain name or if you purchased already enter it.
(Bluehost gives you the one FREE DOMAIN for every plan).
Then Click next to enter your account information as shown in the screenshot.
Once done, you can submit the information. Then you will be redirected to a password page where you will create a password for your account.
You have successfully created your Bluehost account.
Installing WordPress through Bluehost
Check your mail to log in to the Bluehost. You will see the screens below. Fill out the details and click Choose theme then click next.
All done, then click start building button to log in into your WordPress website.
WordPress’s installation is done. You can play around with the tool to get to know more about it.
Choosing the Right Theme
The theme or web design shows that how much you are involved in your blogging business.
It is not mandatory to go for a premium theme. But if you are serious I will recommend going for premium themes.
Going for Paid themes and branding your business, it looks like a PROFESSIONAL even though if you are at a beginner level.
These are some paid themes where I could see the stylish themes for different purposes.
Paid Premium themes
- Elegant themes
- Genesis framework+Studio press
- CSS igniter
- Creative market
- Astra + Elementor (free version)
- Ocean WP
- Blossom Free themes
Investing in the theme is up to you. If you are satisfied with the free version of the theme, just go to the next topic.
If you want the designs to be great, then go for the premium themes.
Installing Required Plugins
Installing plugins is very easy and some of them have to add details in settings.
Go to WordPress Login and choose Plugins → Add new
I have listed the few plugins and install based on your need.
Free versions are available to use for basic needs.
- Classic editor – Easy to Use for long-form Post.
- Contact form – Creating the Contact form
- Social warfare – social share buttons available on each post
- Smush – Compressing the image using this plugin
- Elementor – Page builder which used to create a custom layout of pages
- Rank math SEO/Yoast SEO – SEO plugin. You can install any one of them.
- Antispam – For detecting and filtering the spam comments
- Wordfence – Securing your website from malware
- Google-analytics – Used for analytics purpose
- Updraft plus – Automatic Backup of your blog content and database
Click install and activate your plugin from Plugin menu.
You can view the same by Plugin → installed plugin.
Feel free to play around the plugins and install only the required plugin.
Add Legal pages
Once your blog is set up, you have to add the important pages in your blog.
- About Page – On this page, you need to add the details about you and your blog purpose.
- Contact Page – On this page, add your contact details or contact form. So that readers or any Brand will contact to you for sponsorship.
- Affiliate Disclosure – You need to add disclosure if you are using an affiliate link in your blog. You need to add few sentences above the affiliate link also a separate page for that.
- Terms and conditions – How your blog data can be used, what are the terms and conditions of using your blog and everything needs to be defined on this page.
Write Your First Blog Post
All the setup is done and Your Blog is ready, but without post or sample post from the theme.
And it is the time to start writing your content.
Divide your niche into 4-5 Major category.
Write one or two posts on each category.
Finally, you will have 5-10 posts for your blog launch.
Take your Time to write best out of it. Because these going to be pillar posts of your blog for the very first time.
Every time leaving the first impression is a good impression and this is a way to succeed.
So write your first 5-10 different posts and post it in your blog.
Make sure the QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.
If you are not able to write up to 10 posts, at least go with 3-5 good quality posts.
Once it is done, just launch your site from WordPress login.
Promote Your Blog Posts
Now the Blog is Live. You have launched the Good quality posts in your blog.
Now, you have to promote your blog to gain more visitors.
More visitors to the blog will increase the traffic on your site which means chances of making money are increasing.
These are the 4 ways you can increase the blog traffic.
- Pinterest – The best way to increase your blog traffic. Create a Pinterest business account and create boards also create pins for blog posts. This is the most commonly all bloggers are using to drive the traffic to their blog site.
- SEO – Good SEO posts indexed in the search engines which drives the traffic to the blog. This is the slow and time taking process. But this for the long-term process.
- Social media: Blog posts can be promoted via the Facebook group, Page, twitter, Instagram, and Paid ads of these social media. You should engage with the readers and the same niche groups.
- Email list – Building your email list and sharing your latest tips with the blog post.
Make Money From the Blog – Monetization methods
Finally, we have come into the money part. Most of the people saying that blogging is dead.
My answer is NO. It is still alive.
I have been following so many people making money from their blogs within one year.
One thing you all have to know that blogging is not a quick rich scheme.
It is a slow process to generate income based on your commitment.
And most importantly, Be consistent with your blog posts.
Regular updates will give you the followers for your blog content.
It has to be your passion and minimum it will take 1 year to reach the goal of $1k-$5k per month.
Till that you have provided the quality content to readers.
Below are the methods are used to monetize the blog to generate income.
- Ad networks – You can sign up for Ad Networks like Google Adsense, Media.net, Mediavine, etc., to place ads in your blog to earn money.
- Affiliate marketing – You can do a review or use any product link in your blog to get a commission from the company. Before using the link, you should be a part of an affiliate of the company to earn commissions.
- Sponsored posts – You can request the Brands or Brands will contact you for the sponsored posts. You will write a post about the product and the Company provides you the money.
- Selling your course or product – You can sell your Digital product or course to earn money.
These are some ways you can earn money from your blog.
Final Conclusion of Starting a blog
This is the way you have to start your blog, promote and make money from the blog.
Overall My recommendations to Go for Self-hosted WordPress with Unique Pretty theme if you are thinking this as your Business.
My suggestions on creating Blog,
- Follow your passion
- Be Creative
- Be Simple
- Be Consistent.
If you need any help from starting your blog, you can reach out to me here. I will help you out to create a blog.